Saturday 3 March 2012

Second Speech in Tripoli, April 11, 1926

To the Italian Fascists

By Benito Mussolini

Italian Fascists of Tripoli!

Your enthusiastic greeting reminds me of the beautiful, passionate rallies of the Motherland. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are here to represent Italy, which Fascism is making more prosperous and more powerful each day. My journey should not be construed as an act of ordinary administration. I intend this to be, as in fact it is, an affirmation of the strength of the Italian people (cheers), a manifestation of the power of the people who from Rome repeat their own origin and bring the triumphal and immortal Littorio of Rome to the banks of the African sea.

It is destiny which pushes us toward this land. No one can stop our destiny and above all no one can break our unshakable will.

Long live the King! Long live Italy! Long live Fascism! (Loud cheers).